Gibson 2016 SG Standard Heritage Cherry SGS-HCCH
The 2016 SG Standard T embodies everything that made the original such a legendary guitar right down to its period-correct knobs. Its solid mahogany body is hand-sprayed in gloss nitrocellulose using a labor-intensive process that is as much about great tone as achieving a great finish. The set mahogany neck is bound with side dot markers for feel and performance.
The neck sports Gibson’s classic width that players prefer, and uses a self-lubricating Graph Tech nut for improved sustain and intonation. The rosewood fingerboard is dressed with trapezoid inlays for traditional looks and is thicker than last year’s, offering a more solid playing feel. You’ll get authentic PAF-like tone and amazing versatility on this year’s SG Standard T from dual 490R (neck) and hotter 498T (bridge) humbuckers. In any position they sound amazing.
Chrome hardware includes a tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece, and traditional manual tuners that add a vintage note, but with modern performance. The 2016 SG Standard T comes fully set up and ready to hit the stage right out of its deluxe padded gig bag.
- Smooth, efficient performance with a vintage vibe
- Replicates the legendary feel of the original SG's lightning-fast neck
- Density for solid sustain, self-lubrication for exceptional tuning stability - even with heavy string bending
- Period-accurate controls complement this original-spec SG
- Padded protection guards your guitar
- Inherited from the Les Paul Standard, these inlays underscore the SG's legendary lineage
- Experience definitive PAF-like tone in both the neck (490R) and hotter bridge (498T) positions
- Classic binding for traditional looks, one-piece design for inspiring tone and sustain
- Expert setup makes this handcrafted, American-made guitar ready for immediate action
- Exclusive labor-intensive finishing process isn't just about look and feel, but superior tone